Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Props from the New York Times

Hey all, I know two post in one day... what is going on here? But I just found an Article in the New York Times which says that Pozharnik is a best value (they were comparing Barrel Aged beers) and their number 2 beer. So I thought I'd pass along the link.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/07/dining/07wine.html?_r=3&emc=eta1

I'd love to be able to tell everyone where to get it, exactly in NYC and the rest of the world, but what I can tell folks is our list of distributors:
NYC: American Beer in Brooklyn (I know it has been on tap in both Brooklyn and Manhattan, the Spuyten Duyvil grocery, and American Beer in Brooklyn carries it as does the Whole Foods in the Bowery)
Upstate NY: Half Time in Poughkeepsie (they are the store as well as our distributor)
Eastern PA: Shangy's in Emmaus
Western CT: Drinx Unlimited
Eastern CT: Franklin (please check our website www.pennichuckbrewing.com for the counties)
MA: Atlantic Importing (we've been on tap at the Armsby Abbey, and we are sold at Julio's, Marty's, and many other package stores)
VT: G. Housen (I know we have been on tap and in bottles, but I do not know where)
NH: Capitol Distributing, and Amoskeag

Damase

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw the review and came to your website to express my congratulations. I have never tried the Pozharnik but am a big fan of your black lager. Again, Congrats.

J.M. Turner

'chuck said...

J.M. Thanks for the congratulations, and I am glad you are a fan of Feuerwehrmann. Getting ready, next month, to brew up the next batch. Keep checking out the blog and I'll eventually write up something on Feuerwehrmann.

Damase

Unknown said...

Hello,

A great new spot to find the chocolate porter is the Burger Shoppe on Water Street in the Financial District. Ny,Ny. Their burgers and fries are delish. The place is close to the Staten Island Ferry. Which is free and has a great view of Lady Liberty. I recommend the Shoppe Burger and fries with a chocolate porter served in an ice cold glass. The beer is smooth and suprisingly not heavy.

Cheers and Happy drinking